There's nothing quite like a fresh cup of coffee to start your day, and while it is allowed on a ketogenic diet, not everyone can stomach drinking it black. We've put together a list of some of the best keto coffee creamers you can purchase to make your mornings better.
What to Look for in a Keto Coffee Creamer
The ketogenic diet has become increasingly popular over the last several years for its many potential health benefits, including weight loss and blood sugar regulation. The diet involves consuming low-carb, high-protein foods, which means eliminating items such as pasta, white bread, and sugary drinks.
When choosing a keto-friendly coffee creamer, the most important thing to consider is its ingredients. You want to look for a product that's high in saturated fat with a low sugar content and a low carb content, ideally no more than 3 grams. Non-dairy alternatives are a great option as traditional milk tends to be very high in carbs.
Many keto coffee creamers also contain ingredients that can provide additional health benefits. Coconut oil and MCT oil, for example, are easily converted to ketones to help you maintain ketosis. Collagen may improve gut health, and cacao powder is rich in antioxidants and magnesium.
Our Top Picks for Keto-Friendly Coffee Creamers
If you're a coffee lover who's on the keto diet, you're in luck. There are many products on the market today made specifically for individuals who follow a ketogenic lifestyle. Here are some of our top picks for keto coffee creamers:
- Best Overall Creamer: Califia Farms Better Half Coconut Cream & Almondmilk Creamer
- Best Flavored Creamer: Super Coffee Keto Coffee Creamer
- Best Unsweetened Creamer: Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Unsweetened Plant-Based Half & Half
- Best Creamer With MCT Oil: Left Coast Keto Coffee Creamer
- Best High Protein: Primal Kitchen Non-Dairy Collagen Creamer
- Best Cacao-Based Creamer: Grasso Foods Organic High Fat Coffee Creamer