Let’s face it: Running on a treadmill is not the most exciting way to get your cardio in. And that’s putting it mildly. You run and run (or walk and walk and walk), but you get nowhere, and the scenery stays the same. It can begin to feel a bit like being on a hamster wheel after so long. But using a treadmill brings a bevy of benefits to your workout routine—chief among them, the ability to get your run in despite rain or snow or dark of night. Luckily, Technogym has built a better treadmill. Enter the Skillmill onto the fitness scene.
What is the Skillmill, you ask?
The Skillmill is a non-motorized treadmill with a specially curved design that allows you to experience running or walking on an incline, but that's not all. It's definitely not your everyday vanilla treadmill. In fact, it can help you get more results than a traditional treadmill due to its integrated variable resistance.
Billed as the HIIT treadmill, the Skillmill lets you enjoy more speed than ever, increase your metabolic rate, and experience optimal activation of your hamstrings and glutes. Some of the Skillmill’s bells and whistles:
- Non-motorized belt. You provide the power for this treadmill. Increase speed by moving to the front of the platform, and reduce speed by moving in the opposite direction.
- Dual-position handlebar. Enable both low and high pushes to vary your workout and activate key muscles with the use of the handle bar.
- See your metrics. Analyze your workout with the on-board Skillmill console. It shows you all the data and stats you need to know about your performance, including distance, speed and resistance level. Connect to your Bluetooth device for an even more integrated experience and to track your workouts through Skillmill Connect, the treadmill’s app.
- Customized and stock workouts. Use your MyWellness account to tap into customized workouts with a simple scan of a QR code.
Training on the Skillmill
The Skillmill offers a host of benefits, including workout variety that lets you improve on your:
- Stamina. Regular exercise over a period of time builds stamina. Use the Skillmill to combine speed training and walking distances, and you’ll see an uptick in both your anaerobic and aerobic fitness.
- Agility. Practice two-in-ones, two-in-twos, grapevines, and other exercises that enhance motor skills and coordination with the Skillmill. The Skillmill’s side handles make it easy to keep your balance. This makes the Skillmill a smart piece of equipment if you’re training for sports like football or hockey that require agility.
- Speed. Rapidly accelerate from a walking pace to a jogging pace (or decelerate) with the Skillmill. You don’t have to worry about making adjustments as you would on a regular treadmill, so you get a dynamic workout that you can more readily control.
- Power. The Skillmill is equipped with power handles, so you can easily duplicate moves such as high-resistance side, bent-arm, straight-arm, and sledge pushes. Power the Skillmill’s belt using your own velocity.
Keep in mind that the Skillmill is pricey, but if you have the ability to bring it home, it's totally worth it. Learn more about the Skillmill from Technogym now.